Whenever you move into a new city like Toronto, one of the first things that would come to your mind would be getting yourself a place to stay. Living in a hotel could be too expensive in the long run, and one would want to consider a rental apartment, or if they have the resources, buying an actual condo. In this article, we are going to look at the things to consider when buying a condo in Toronto.
The amenities that are offered on the property matter a lot, and they could include things like swimming pools, golf ranges, gyms, and many more. Despite the fact that some of the amenities might sound sexy, it would be preferable to go for what will actually work for you.
Parking spaces can be very expensive and therefore going for apartments or condos that don’t have ample parking space for your vehicles could turn into a very tricky affair. You might have to rent parking space near the house if there is none.
As you continue to live longer in the house, the amount of stuff that you own will also increase. Your kid’s year books will pile up as will your other stuff, and that makes storage a very big issue.
Quality of Construction
Good construction is very important and you should know that there are good and bad condos. This greatly impacts the appearance of the house, the maintenance, costs, noise resale value, and many other things.
Go for spaces that are not near unattractive features such as small windows and dark spaces with minimal natural light, bad odors coming from neighboring businesses and noises from ground-level tenants.
Owner/Occupiers vs Tenants
The other tenants and owners in the building play a very important role in the value of the property, with the higher percentage tenants leads to better values. Owners that maintain buildings better and take care of common elements such as the pools, hallways, gym, and many more, are what y u should look out for and hope to invest with.
The best homes to go for are those with property management companies and well-managed buildings, since they have better value. These are places that are more pleasant for you to live in, with the housing management hiring and managing the property management company, which in turn hires the staff (on-site property manager, concierge, cleaning company, etc.)
Peter & Adelaide – A tall residential development in The Entertainment District
We are now going to review Peter & Adelaide Condos, a residential development by Graywood Development. Located in the waterfront communities, this development is projected to be completed in 2022, and it consists of 695 units that vary from 383 square feet to 1071 square feet. In 16 and 47 storey towers. It is located near all of the amenities necessary such as hospitals, schools, malls, and parks.
- Quick access to Toronto’s Entertainment and Theatre District
- Steps to Roy Thompson Hall
- Steps to Princess of Wales Theatre
- Quick access to the TIFF Lightbox, home to the Toronto International Film Festival
- Steps to numerous bars, coffee shops and restaurants
- Steps to the Financial District
- Steps to the PATH Network, accessible through Metro Hall
- Quick access to the Subway at St. Andrew Subway Station
Third Floor Amenities
- Co-working and recreational room
- Outdoor lounge
- Outdoor fitness studio
- Yoga studio
- Fitness center
- Infra-red sauna and treatment rooms
- Demonstration kitchen
- Private dining room
- Party lounge
- Outdoor communal dining
- Kids zone and arts & crafts
Seventeenth Floor Amenities
- Lounge deck
Features & Finishes
- Expansive ceiling 9′ heights on all floors in principal rooms
- Sliding or swinging doors open onto the balcony or terrace
- Laminate wood floors throughout with the exception of the bathroom(s) and laundry area which will feature ceramic tile flooring
- Smooth painted ceilings in all areas
- Interior walls and trim primed and painted in neutral color
- Contemporary slab-style bedroom, bathroom and laundry door(s) with brushed chrome hardware
- Sliding pre-finished doors on all closets
- Vinyl coated wire shelving in all closet
Sophisticated Kitchen Features
- Custom-styled kitchen cabinetry in a selection of door finishes
- Quartz surface countertop and backsplash
- Single bowl stainless steel sink
- Single lever deck mounted faucet, set with black finish, pull-out spray
- Integrated 24″ European-style appliances: refrigerator, cooktop, electric oven, built-in dishwasher and over-the-range microwave
- Exhaust fan vented to the exterior
The registration for the condos is open, and as soon as you do so, you will receive a brochure, price list, and the floor plans.
When buying a house, it is important to plan ahead and go for what you really want. Developments like the Peter & Adelaide Condos are some of the properties that you might want to consider for the future.