Whenever we build new homes or office buildings, it is important for us to take into consideration the way that the lighting will be done. Lighting plays a very important role in the buildings, and not only for lighting purposes, but also for security purposes. In that regard, we are now going to discuss the importance of lighting in interior design so that the next time that you’re planning your home or office, you will have an idea of what to do and expect. We all know that when the right lighting of any room is achieved, it can transform the room into a seamless combination of functionality and style.
Lighting can add or remove the color from a home, and you’ll find that when you use darker colors, rooms tend to feel smaller, while bright colors bring about the illumination of space. Color can illuminate floors, walls and ceilings depending on how they are positioned.
The lighting in a room can either light up the whole room, or highlight only specific things in a room. It is common to find lights pointed towards things like specific wall paintings, flower vases. Lights that create vertical beams and not an overall glow from central light fixtures are referred to as recessed lighting.
One of the biggest purposes of lighting is functionality, and a good example is chandeliers. They are usually placed in the center of rooms, but their main functionality is to light up the entire room. Wall lights, on the other hand, add length and size to a room.
Lighting is known to create a sense of space, whether it is man-made or natural. In the event that the rooms are darker, try and find ways of bringing in more natural light, since such rooms often feel smaller than they are, and especially if they have furniture. If natural light isn’t available, one can incorporate corner lamps, wall sconces and centrally hanging lights. Natural lighting tends to show off colors better than man-made lighting, since it bounces off reflective surfaces.
LED Grow Light Reviews
Now that we are talking about lighting up of rooms, I thought that it would be wise for me to mention a couple of LED grow light reviews by Lumigrowth. These are lights that you can use in your homes for the perfect lighting.
King Plus 1000W with Full Spectrum
This is a powerful light system with a full spectrum coverage, giving it an edge over the competition. It comes with 1000W of output that is sufficient for any lighting needs. The downside of this light is that it has both infrared and ultraviolent bulbs, but on the brighter side, it comes with two in-built cooling fans to deal with the dissipating heat produced.
- 10W Double Chips: brighter more efficient than traditional 3W and 5W LEDs, scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR/Lumen output and coverage. Long lifespan.
- Energy saving: just consumes about 185w power
- Full spectrum: the light includes red, blue, yellow, white, IR and UV which is similar to the sunlight, ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and flower at all growth stages.
- Efficient cooling system
- 3-years warranty
LED Grow Light 300W with Zener Protection
This light comes with an efficient 9-band full spectrum loaded with 300W of ultraviolent and infrared LED bulbs, providing plants needs for better growth just like natural sunlight would.
- Optimal spectral output – Full spectrum 9 band ranges from UV to IR. Performs extremely well in cloning, vegetative and flowering cycles
- High brightness – Adopt top quality 45mil 3w Epileds chips to ensure high lumens and light penetration, maximizing the plants’ absorption of lighting
- High efficient heat dissipation – UL-approved fans and Aluminum heat-conducting plate, protect the lamps and plants from the damage of heat
- 400 watt HPS/MH replacement and suitable for 2×2′ growing area at 24″ height (Max coverage 3×3′)
- 2-years warranty
Global Star G02-50x6w LED Grow Lights
The grow light has ability to control which lights to use at any given time, and they can be turned on or off with in-built switches. This means that at whatever vegetative stage of growth the plants are, you can light up the right bulbs to help them develop. The lamp also comes with dual cooling fans to cool the heat, as well as Zener protection, which will keep the lamp going even if one of the bulbs blows.
- 6W LED grow light with crystal plus lens design, which is much brighter than 3W and 5W LEDs.
- 2 selectable Leaf/Bloom switches for different growing stages. Coverage Area: 3feet x 2feet for veg stage / 2feet x 1.5feet for flowering stage.
- 11 bands full spectrum: 650~660nm, 620~630nm, 610~615nm, 585~595nm, 520~530nm, 460~470nm, 440~450nm, 420~430nm, UV, IR and white.
- 2 quiet cooling fans, aluminum from inside and outside for heat dissipation. Protecting diodes are added to make sure one chip out, others still work.
- 1-year warranty
Nova N300 Full Spectrum 300W with 12 Bands
This is a lamp that works in 12 different colors on the spectrum, making it one of the most complete in the LED category. It also allows one to control the angle of the bulbs, making it easier to focus the light directly at the plants at all times. The lamp also comes with three cooling fans, and the unique thing about is the fact that all the lights can be daisy chained. With that, all the lights can be plugged into each other to form a chain of lights, which is great for quick expansion.
- Highest par output of its class
- Professional grade features
- Save energy and money
- Ventilation system to lower heat
- 5-year warranty
Viparspectra 1200W with 6 Cooling Fans
This is a grow lamp that comes with an output of 1200W, an upgrade from 1000W, to give the plants all the light that they need. The cool thing is that it consumes very little power, drawing only about 524 W of power. The lamp also comes with 6 in-built cooling fans to bring the temperatures down. What is more, it comes with a switch that allows changing a vegetative and a blooming option.
- Viparspectra V1200 LED Grow Light is scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR/lumen output and coverage
- It provides the optimal full spectrum for plants
- Only consumes 524 watts
- Upgraded 4.72” fans and big aluminum cooling heat sinks
- 3-years warranty plus 30-days satisfaction or return guarantee
Galaxyhydro 300W with Low Noise Output
This lamp only covers nine bands of the spectrum, although it covers all the ones that are necessary for plant development. It lasts between 50,000 and 100,000 hours, which is up to 10 times more than other lighting systems. The lamp is silent meaning that you won’t have to worry about the humming sound.
- Optimal spectrum
- Has infrared and ultraviolent rays for plant development
- Efficient growing: 300W indoor grow lights but only utilizes 135 watts
- Cooling fans
- Two-years warranty and 30-days money back guarantee
Advanced Platinum Series P150 Review
This light comes with a 12-band spectrum with different types of lights, that is idea for plants. You can also control how much of each type of light the plants get at their different development stages. It comes with a 90-day money back guarantee and a five-year warranty.
- Platinum LED lights, the Highest par/lumen output per watt of any LED grow light
- Superior 12-band full spectrum from the depths of ultraviolent to the heights of infrared
- Selectable vegetative/flower switches with 2x high speed and upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks
- 250w HPS replacement
- 5-year warranty and 90-day satisfaction or return guarantee
Erligpowht Best 45W LED
This is the perfect light for small operations and for those on string budgets but want something that will work. The plants absorb up to 90% of the energy released by this lighting system.
Lighting is an important factor, and as you’ll notice from the reviews above, there are also lights that help plants to develop. They provide the plants with the same nutrients that the sun does. If you intend to grow plants, you might want to consider one of the grow LED lights that we have reviewed above.